TRZ's 1970-1981 F-Body/1975-1979 X-Body 2 in. Drop Spindles are constructed from billet 6061 aluminum and CNC machined with a heat treated stainless steal spindle. The 2" drop spindles will bolt on to your existing control arms or to TRZ Chromoly Tubular Control Arms. (Except Corvette A-Arms. They must be used with TRZ Control Arms) Designed and proven in drag race and pro street suspension applications. They improves bump steer by putting the rod ends closer to a straight inline with the bar joints. When using 2" drop spindles, the front of the chassis can be lowered 2 inches and still have great spring and shock adjustment. With TRZ's 2 inch drop spindles installed they will drop weight more than 7.5lbs per side and more than 15lbs total. For use with spindle mount disc brakes.
TRZ also make a 1.5 in. drop spindles for use with early GM disc brake kits.(1964-1972 Chevrolet Chevelle, 1967-1969 Early Camaro, 1964-1974 Nova).
TRZ Drop Spindles need to be used with TRZ billet aluminum steering arms. They will not work with stock steering arms. TRZ steering arms have two adjustment holes in them. The closest holes to the spindles should be used for drag racing, inner holes lack some radius, but are more stable. (steering is not as touchy) The outer holes are designed for street driving to gain about 15% more steering radius. Adding the steering arms to the drop spindles are a great setup and helps with the bump steer geometry. The stock arms are angled and the TRZ Motorsports are straight, allowing the rod ends and ball joint to better align. The closer you can get the rod end side of the rack to be in line with the ball joint the less bump steer you will have. The rest can be eliminated with a bump steer kit.
TRZ Drop spindles must be used in conjunction with TRZ Billet Steering Arms.
1970-1981 Camaro and 1975-1979 Nova must use adjustable upper control arms. (TRZ Pro Control Arms)
- CNC’d (IN HOUSE) Billet Aluminum Spindle with Heat Treated Stainless Steel Spindle Pins
- Includes: Castle Nuts, Keyed Washers, ARP Stainless Steel Caliper Bolts, Steering Arm Bolts, and Cotter Pins
- Designed for Drag Race Applications ONLY
- Corrects Front Suspension Geometry and Installed Shock Height on Lowered Vehicles
- Fits Aftermarket SPINDLE MOUNT Disc Brake Setups (NO HUBS): Strange B4597WC or TBM TBM-001-0204
- Fits Aftermarket HUB STYLE Disc Brake Setups (HUBS 5 x 4.75 GM bolt pattern): Strange B4154WC Strange B4154WC2 or TBM 001-0210
- Will NOT use existing brakes that fit a factory spindle
- NOTE FOR Spindle Mount Wheels ONLY: Based on Strange / Strange GT Strut which uses the large bearing… NOT Anglia and NOT Strange Ultra Strut which use the small bearing
- Must Be Used in Conjunction with Our 6061 Billet Steering Arms – (available in drop-down box when ordering, SAVE $50 when pairing these up!)
- Ride Height:
- Amount of Drop:
- 2.00 in.
- Billet Aluminum
- Hardware Included:
- Sold as a pair.
- Apollo (1975)
- Skylark (1975-1979)
- Camaro (1970-1981)
- Nova (1975-1979)
- Omega (1975-1979)
- Firebird (1970-1981)
- Phoenix (1977-1979)
- Ventura (1975-1977)